Successful organisations measure their performance and learn from the results. Our performance evaluation framework is detailed in our Statement of Intent, and reported against in our Annual Reports and inquiry evaluation reports. See:
- our current Statement of Intent (2017-21)
- our current Statement of Performance Expectations (2017/18)
- our most recent Annual Report (2016-17)
- full set of performance publications (see 'Downloads' list at bottom of this page).
We recently preparing a briefing for the new Minister of Finance:
We evaluate our work against a set of performance measures, including these aspects:
- having intended impacts – what happens as a result of our work;
- the right focus – the relevance and materiality of our inquiry reports; and
- good process management – the timeliness and quality of our inquiry process.
Our inquiries are evaluated against our performance framework using three external sources of feedback:
- an independent expert review;
- a survey of inquiry participants; and
- an independently-facilitated stakeholder focus group.
The way we measure performance differs slightly between inquiries and our research/promotional functions. The latter are reviewed by an independent expert once a year. Additionally, research papers are peer-reviewed by a technical expert as part of our quality assurance process.
A full set of our performance results is provided below, and inquiry evaluation documents are also listed on respective inquiry pages.