Economic development NZ conference
This year's Economic Development New Zealand (EDNZ) conference theme is 'Resilience, reimagining, recovery'. The conference is future focused, posing some of the big questions of the day - what will regional and economic development look like post-Covid 19, how do we help shape it, what have we learnt from Covid 19 and how do we embed those learnings in new practices? What are the most pressing issues of the day and how do we respond?
Designed for central and local government, economic development professionals, community organisations and not for profits, attendees to this conference will have the opportunity to engage in discussions that will help to shape their approach to regional development.
This three-day event provides a unique networking opportunity and a menu of engaging topical discussions and breakout sessions including:
- The future of local and regional growth post COVID-19
- Understanding the housing challenge, the Government’s thinking and the role of Kāinga Ora in implementing the plan
- What have we learnt from the challenges of the last year and how can we embed these learnings in new practices?
- What are the pressure points now, and into the future?
- The Provincial Growth Fund – Opportunities, Constraints and Outlook
COVID-19 and the Māori Economy
View conference programme here.
Speakers include Ganesh Nana, Chair of the Productivity Commission, who will present on Innovation and the Commission's frontier firms inquiry.